Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter!

This past weekend was a great opportunity to reflect on the love that our Heavenly Father has for us, His children. I tried to think often of our Savior, Jesus Christ, as we were celebrating Easter. How grateful I am for His life and example, and also for His resurrection that makes it possible for all of us to live again.
I know that through His atonement, all things will be made right. We can overcome pain, sorrow, sickness, and every trial of our lives through Him.
It was great to watch the General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints over the weekend as well and hear what counsel the prophet of God has for us. Here is the link to watch:
It's open to everyone and the counsel is for our daily lives about how we can be better people and draw closer to God and Jesus Christ. I truly felt my worth as a woman, wife, and mother as I was listening to the speakers and I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father, Who is mindful of me.
I also felt love from my husband, who gave me the most thoughtful gift! A hot glue gun :) I've been wishing for one for the longest time. Hooray! Maybe it's a silly thing to be happy about, but there it is.

Michael has been sick this week :( He woke up at 4:30am Monday with a fever and has cried ever since. I finally took him to the doctor this afternoon. He has an ear infection, poor little guy. With the help of some amoxicillin, hopefully we'll be on the mend soon!

No comments: